Destigmatizing Mental Health, Find a Home within Yourself, and Putting an End to Hate
March 29, 2023
Macala Rose Wright
In the first episode of Practice Dirty, I sit down and talk with Hatty Lee, one of the co-creators of The Indwell Guide. In this episode, Hatty and I discuss:
- Women of color have a right to take care of themselves.
- Self-care is necessary when it comes to your mental health.
- How her book, Indwell, was created in response to #BlackLivesMatter and #StopAsianHate.
- Starting a self-guided journey inward and exploring mindfulness.
- The impact of violence on BIPOC communities.
- Destigmatizing mental health amongst BIPOC communities.
- How breathwork changed her life and how she uses it as a tool to help her clients regulate their nervous system.
- What trauma-informed practices look like for women of color when it comes to the workplace.
- How external factors are noise, and finding peace start with creating a home within yourself.
Find the full transcript here: https://macalarose.com/blogs/mindful-living/destigmatizing-mental-health-and-trauma-informed-care-for-bipoc-communities
Find out more about my work at https://www.macalarose.com.